Sunday 11 November 2012

Weekly Summary #39

Burrito, Rain City Tattoo, Reece's finished tattoo - Bill Murray from A Life Aquatic..
Dissertation reading (each post-it is colour themed), Lovely print by Gre Hale from Reece, New trainers,
And bag, More dissertation reading, Going home.

  1. Last week was a busy one. Reece came to get tattooed in Manchester on Tuesday, so I accompanied him (and watched him squirm) as he got a portrait of Bill Murray tattooed on his leg by Matt Cooley - who, by the way, is the nicest guy ever. I also go treated to the lovely print in the fifth photo. It's two mice entwined, with banners reading 'To Be Alone With You'. The cutest thing ever.
  2. My packages came this week, which was probably the most exciting thing to happen all week. Wild, I know. The trainers are so comfortable, and the bag is worth every single penny. I love them both.
  3. I also got worried about my dissertation progress, or lack of, so started reading. I have on novel to read and one left to mark up and then I get to seriously get stuck in. Hopefully by the start of next week.
  4. This coming week I am working every single day. I have 3 days work experience at Manchester University Press, which I am ridiculously excited about. I really want to get in to publishing once I finish my degree (dreams of doing a Masters will have to be put on hold) so these three days are going to be so helpful. I can't wait!
  5. I also bagged myself a month-long editorial internship with Moonproject.co.uk where I'll be working from home, proof-reading and publishing articles onto the website. I start mid-December. I'm proud of the way I am a bit like a dog with a bone when it comes to getting work experience - I won't take no for an answer. My CV is filling up nicely, even though my social life may be dwindling.
  6. I need to start Christmas shopping. Now. ARGH.
A busy week for me! And this one shows no sign of slowing down!

I hope you all had a nice week. Must dash, I have 50 pages to read before I can call it a night.

Thanks for reading xx

2 comments:

  1. good luck on your work experience and well done with the internship! x

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs