Monday 1 October 2012

October

Parka and Necklace - Topshop, 'A Casual Vacancy' - Amazon, 

It's finally October! October is my favourite month, and not just because it's my birthday month. October cements the fact that Autumn is here, the weather is turning colder which means big coats and scarves. I just love it.

However, there isn't much in the shops that is catching my attention at the moment; I am on the hunt for a parka as I want a slightly lighter coat, that's warmer than my leather jacket, but not as toasty as my Paddington Bear duffle coat. I've been drooling over this Topshop one for ages, but there is no way I will ever spend £95 on a parka. 

I also saw this necklace on a recent shopping trip, but again couldn't justify the price tag. I rarely wear necklaces so it wasn't worth the splurge. It is absolutely stunning in person though!

My copy of A Casual Vacancy arrived in the post this morning and I thought it deserved a mention. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I am definitely excited to get stuck into it. J.K. Rowling is all kinds of fabulous, in my opinion.

The last two items are items that have received/will receive for my birthday. I turned 21 today and my sister and I bought each other watches. I chose a simple steel Fossil watch. I initially wanted the Michael Kors version, but Fossil are about half the price and just as gorgeous. Fossil apparently make Michael Kors watches too, so paying the extra £100 just for a name seemed a tad ludicrous. 
My boyfriend has bought me the Nike Janoskis, after a long time of searching for a pair in my size. I love the colour way as the Nike 'swoosh' and sole are a light minty green, which paired with the grey is lovely. I don't get them until Friday, and I am so excited!

September Soundtrack:
Swim Good - Frank Ocean
Thinkin Bout You - Frank Ocean
Angels - The xx
Let Me Love You - Ne-yo
I Don't Mind - Defeater

Thanks for reading x

6 comments:

  1. october is my favourite as its my birthday month too! happy birthday lovely! i can't wait to get my hands on the casual vacancy, must get on that tomorrow xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Birthday in advance! haha :)! I can't wait to read it. xxx

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I have had my copy of a casual vacancy for a week now and havent started reading yet, I even paid extra for next day delivery, but ended up getting stuck into the deathly hallows whilst waiting and have had to put it on the backburner. (like a fool)

    Have you tried new look for a parka? I got mine there last year for £20.. looks like the topshop one and is all kinds of warm and toasty. Plus, the hood is humongous and is the only thing I have found that stops rain ruining my hair.. always a bonus is england!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a look on the website, but I may pop into the shop as my friend got a lovely one from there, thanks for the tip!
      I'm the same, I haven't started A Casual Vacancy either due to uni work :(

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Love that coat (except for the price)!! It looks so comfy and cozy warm :)

    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I stroke it every time I go in the shop ahah! But I can't bear to spend quite that much :( xxx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs