Thursday 25 October 2012

Autumn Beauty


This is my everyday beauty basket. It contains everything I use on a daily basis, and makes it easier for me to switch around a few products instead of delving through my big make up bag trying to find something.

My best friends made me a little hamper for my birthday and put everything in this basket. It quickly made a new home on my desk.


The Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect foundation is my current favourite. I did use the Healthy Mix Serum but it was too yellow for me. This is much more neutral and gives a lighter coverage, which is what I like. The Collection 16 Hour Wear concealer has become a cult favourite. I use it on blemishes and under my eyes and it lasts all day. 
The Vivo eyebrow palette is amazing value for money at £5 (available in Tesco), the combination of Topshop's Head Over Heels blush, and Mac's CCB in Pearl is gorgeous, giving a dewy sheen. 
The Collection eyeliner is my favourite, it's cheap and very pigmented. The felt tip makes it easy to create a wing too. The mascaras I'm using are Maxfactor 2000 Calorie and the Rimmel Lash Accelerator. They're ok, the Maxfactor one is good for volume, but nothing ground breaking.
The Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush gives a lovely berry stain to the lips and is comfortable to wear. The Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose is a subtler option, which leaves a red stain on the lips.


My eyeshadow are all pretty neutral. My favourites in my MAC palette are Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe. The Bobbi Brown Twilight palette is a purchase from a blog sale and is stunning. The matte shades are a bit powdery, but I don't mind as they look beautiful.
The Naked palette needs no introduction, it is worth the 'hype', but I tend to use the other palettes more.


The last bits are skincare and nail varnishes. I spilt my Clinique Clarifying Lotion while travelling home, but to be honest I am falling out of love with it. I'm finding it a bit too harsh at the moment. The Moisturising Gel is still amazing. It's non-greasy and sinks in quickly. It's also a lovely base for makeup.
The tester of the Moisture Surge is something I'm trying to use up. It's a thick gel that I use when my skin is feeling dry and a bit flaky. It's nice but I doubt I'll buy the full size.
The nail varnishes are my current favourite Essie polishes - post here, alongside the base and top coats I use.
The perfume is Stella by Stella McCartney and is my favourite. This post by Meg goes into more detail.

Thanks for reading x

4 comments:

  1. I need a basket like this to store everything in as all my stuff just expands over my chest of drawers over the course of a week. (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikea1 I'm pretty sure this one is from ikea (I work there aha) they're not the cheapest, but they are lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree about Clinique's Clarifying Lotion, way too harsh and the smell is just so chemically haha! Lovely post!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked alright to begin with, but it's so stripping and at £14 I cant be arsed with it anymore! Thank you lovely :) xxx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs