Tuesday 3 July 2012

Liverpool Day Trip

My friend and I went to Liverpool yesterday on a bit of a whim. We decided we wanted to go somewhere new and chose Liverpool. Getting up at 7.30am was a bit of a killer though. I got the train to Manchester to meet Lyd and we went from there. It took about 50 minutes from Piccadilly to Liverpool Lime Street, not long at all.


I wore my River Island jacket (which I adore), a skirt from H&M which has cute little hearts all over it, a top from Topshop and my trusty Vans, oh and 'Cubby Cheeks' by Essie's on my nails (which I totally bought because of the name). The train journey was spent starting some dissertation reading.


When we arrived at Lime Street station we headed straight for Lark Lane, after many recommendations, for lunch. We got the train to St Michaels and walked from there. My (serious lack of a) sense of direction took us round the houses a bit - literally, but we got there in the end! 


We chose Moon and Pea for lunch, as the prices were reasonable and it looked gorgeous. I had the tomato and basil soup which was seriously delicious, and Lydia had the veggie antipasti platter. We both ate our weight in bread. It was fab.


We spent the rest of the day doing a bit of shopping (ok a lot of shopping, I have a haulish type post coming up next). First stop was a little shop on the corner of Lark Lane, that I've forgotten the name of. I didn't buy this little guy - £3.75 you must be having a laugh - but look how cute he is! I couldn't resist taking a photo.

We then headed back to the city centre and went around Liverpool One. It was a lovely first visit to Liverpool, I'll definitely visit again and do a bit more of the cultural stuff. Might leave the Tate out though - over a tenner admission? Not a chance.

Edinburgh is next on my list of places to visit. I will see the pandas!
Where do you want to visit?

I'm going to be spending the rest of my afternoon trying to get through to Student Finance. Oh the joys.

Thanks for reading x

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you have styled your vans (I'm suuuure they are vans!) persuading me to buy some! Rather than just wearing them with jeans and shorts...So temping! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are vans! I wear them with everything, not just jeans. I'm much more of a skirt-wearer, and if you feel over dressed they help to make an outfit more casual. So comfortable too! xx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs