Monday 25 June 2012

Beauty Review: Summer Legs Combo - Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub and Ekos Cacau Leg and Foot Cream

This morning the post man knocked (rather aggressively) at my door and handed a box addressed to me. I hadn't ordered anything so I was ridiculously surprised, to say the least, when I saw it was another Joliebox ( which I am 100% sure was a mistake, but I'm not complaining!) 
I opened it up and inside were pretty much the same products as the ones shown in this post, bar one. So I thought I'd talk about that as I was seriously impressed with it when I used it this morning.

Personally, I do not tan. Ever. I am a whiter shade of pale and covered in freckles. I have tried false tan a few times, mainly when I used to dance and had to wear it on stage and it does not suit me. Especially with my red hair, it looks quite ridiculous. However, in summer my legs and arms get really dry and flaky, especially after I've burnt, but I've found two products that seem to combat the scaly effect.

Introducing:
Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub

I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to body products, and this pot of exfoliator costs £10, so I was wary at spending so much on it, which is daft when you think about it as you kind of have to look after your skin, don't you?
Anyway, I love it. I had tried an FCUK scrub, but found that it left a greasy residue on my body which felt gross. The Breakfast Scrub doesn't leave a residue, has quite large particles, but isn't overly abrasive, and smells seriously delicious. Like honey. This is only my first tub, but I use it twice a week and bought it way back in January, so it has lasted quite a while, well worth the £10. 
This body scrub leaves my skin really soft, slightly red after use, but I take that as I sign it has done its job, and I colour up quite easily anyway. It is seriously lovely.


This is the product I received in the Joliebox this morning, the Ekos Cacau Foot and Leg Cream. I have never heard of this brand before, but I do like cocoa butters when it comes to moisturising so I thought I'd pop this on my legs after a shower this morning. It is quite a thick, white cream, but blends into the skin really easily and absorbs quickly. I am yet to use it on my feet though.
It smells like cocoa butter, but much more natural smelling, compared to say Palmer's Cocoa Butter range, which can smell quite synthetic and strong. 
My legs can get quite dry so this is excellent for drier skin.
I also really love the packaging of this product. After a bit of googling I found out that all of the packaging - box, metal tube, plastic cap - are all 100% recyclable. 


I think I've found my combination for super-smooth legs this summer!

What is your go-to combination for smooth skin?

Thanks for reading x

2 comments:

  1. I've had the Breakfast scrub from Lush for a while now, but I've never actually used it! Waiting to finish up a tub of the standard one then will try that :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it :) so lovely! xx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs