Friday 4 May 2012

Album of the Day

image source: google

Almost Here - The Academy Is...

Today I woke up in a really good mood. After a long term of not being well rested or relaxed, a good night's sleep all I wanted to do was have a long relaxing morning before having to walk up to work later. 
This album is one of my all time favourites. My taste is music is quite varied and I go through phases of listening to different bands; The Academy Is... are a constant favourite.

I first discovered them probably about 6/7 years ago, when I was about 14/15. I've seen them numerous times (at the Cockpit in Leeds, if anyone is familiar) and just love them. I met Will Beckett after a show and being the nervous little fan girl I was (read: still am), I fell over in front of him, he helped me up and I swooned my head off.

It's just a fun album which is lovely to listen to. The band broke up last year (I think?!) after making a few albums, this one is my favourite though. It just makes me feel all happy and summery, even if it is dull and grey outside. 

Favourite tracks:
Slow Down
Skeptics and True Believers
Black Mamba
Down and Out

What is your favourite 'pick me up' album?

p.s. I've had some good news that I want to share with you, I'll probably put it in my Weekly Summary post on Sunday!

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs