Saturday 17 March 2012

Weekly Summary #5


 
Essay reading going pretty well, What I wore home,
A quotation from Virginia Woolf's diaries in a book I'm reading, Watching Forrest Gump for said essay,
A photo an old friend sent me today which cheered me up at work

  1. This week has been a stressful, but productive week. The upcoming week is the final week of teaching for my academic year (Summer term is the exam period at MMU, I have no exams) and I have an essay due in on the 23rd so I have been trying to get a vague plan for an essay written up.
  2. I also have to decide what I want to write my dissertation on by the 23rd, so I've been frantically emailing various tutors for guidance/reading suggestions. I know I want to write on Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath and think I have a general idea for a topic now. I think I'm going to see my personal tutor to solidify an idea. I've always been terrible at decision making, and got told off by my A-Level English Literature teacher for not having enough confidence in my abilities and always comparing myself to others. I think I'm just a perfectionist.
  3. I got my new glasses yesterday. They are just amazing and I've had some lovely compliments about them. Apparently they are 'professional, but still trendy'. Thanks, Mum.
  4. I also now have dates and times for my work experience and a date for the first staff meeting for the job at the magazine. Just a shame that my part-time job (which I've had for 4 years) may have to 'let me go' at the end of the year due to my hours not being 'suitable to the business' needs'. 
  5. I think I'm going to bring a bit more literature into my blog; talking about my favourite books/review a few I've finished recently? I use 'review' in the loosest term. What do you think?
A stressful final week ahead, but I'll be much happier once everything is organised and I'm home next week for the holidays.
I have a new, simple motto I'm trying to adhere to:
image source: Tumblr

Let me know what you think about the book review posts?

Thanks for reading x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs