Thursday 8 March 2012

Quick Filler/Update

Hi everyone!

I promise this is going to be a short post!
I was going to sit down and write part 3 of my University Experience posts, but that would take me quite a while so I'm going to try and write that over the weekend when I have time and am able to concentrate.

I'm not feeling very well at the moment, I'm full of a cold with a congested head, achey eyes, the whole lot so I've come home. I was coming home on Friday anyway so a day early doesn't hurt.

This weekend should be fun; I'm going to try to book an eye test/get my eyes tested tomorrow (I get really excited about the prospect of new glasses), mine just don't feel strong enough any more and to be honest I just want new frames. I've had mine for the past two years and I've just grown out of them; they're Red or Dead ones with hideous mock Ed Hardy print on the arms. Don't ask, I don't know what I was thinking either. I fancy some new, plain frames that are wider as I find myself looking over rather than through them.
On Friday evening I'm going for drinks for a coworker's birthday, Abbey and I are taking her 18 month old sister shopping on Saturday, and on Saturday evening I am meant to be having my tea cooked for me by an attractive male (as of yesterday, I'm not holding my breath!)

I've also had another email from the magazine I applied for. I'm paraphrasing, but I basically have a job (albeit unpaid at the moment). The email says that each person chosen so far has been assigned a 'specific role within the magazine'. That's me. I have a 'specific role'. We're having our first meeting in 2-4 weeks as they're still going through more applications. I am excited to the point of hideousness. This alongside my work experience over Easter is getting my career right on track. I could cry with happiness.

My blazer should be arriving tomorrow/Saturday and I can't wait to start putting 'professional' outfits together. I'm thinking of doing some outfit posts (if I can force Colette/Lydia to take photos). What do you think?

What are you doing over the weekend?

I'll keep you posted with the job things, I'm so excited! But also terrified that my uni career ends in just over a year, I could cry.

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs