Sunday 18 March 2012

Dear Mum,


This post is dedicated to my mum, one of the best women to grace the planet. My mum has struggled and fought to give my sister and I the best life she could. She has created two (in my opinion) extremely well-rounded, hard working daughters and I adore her completely for raising my us the way that she has. My parents have given us the best start to our lives and my mum is a wonderful role model.

She has never settled for anything less than the best she could attain; it hasn't been easy - there have been many tears along the way, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Dear Mamabear,
                           Thank you. I love you with all my heart; you are my inspiration to never settle for less than what you want, to never give up the fight. You have been there through all my rights and wrongs, and helped me to change them, you have picked me up and dusted me down. You have been there when things haven't gone the way I wanted, when friends and boys were shitty; you have fought my corner every single step of the way - a favourite being when you told Colette and I's year two teacher that just because Colette can write an excellent story, does not mean that my work should be comparable, and that I told my tales through pictures. 
Thank you for raising us the way you have done, all the shouting has been more than worth it. I respect you and adore you entirely, Grandad would be so proud of all of us. You always have and always will believe in me, that I am sure of.

Thank you for being my wonderful, beautiful mother; my inspiration, my rock and my anchor.
I adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs